Blue Dragon OSRS Slayer Guide
The Blue Dragon in OSRS is the next step up from Green Dragons. They are combat level 111, and do a lot more damage with their dragonfire. You’ll need some special items to protect yourself from their attacks, more info the gear section.
These tasks can be assigned by the Slayer masters: Vannaka, Chaeldar, Nieve and Duradel at any Slayer level. No matter your combat level or stats, no need to worry. This task can be completely safespotted if necessary.
The most accessible location to kill Blue Dragons is in Taverly Dungeon. You can reach them incredibly quickly with the 70 Agility shortcut through the pipe at the entrance. If you do not have this level, you’ll still be able to use a Dusty Key to enter the gate through the other side of the dungeon.
Within the Taverly Dungeon, you are able to use the hallway that leads to Black Demons as a safespot.
There are multiple other locations that allow you to safespot the dragons, but they do come with some requirements to access them.
- Underneath the Heroes’ Guild – Requires completion of Heroes’ Quest, and only contains one Blue Dragon. Standing in the back corner allows for a makeshift safespot.
- Inside the Ogre Enclave outside of Yanille – Requires completion of the Watchtower quest. Use the large columns around the room to safespot the dragons by standing behind them.
Blue Dragons may also be found within the Corsair Cove Dungeon once you have completed the Dragon Slayer II quest.
All dragons in OSRS will occasionally attack you with dragonfire. This can deal damage into the high 50s if you are not wearing proper protection. You can mitigate some damage with one form of protection, and block all damage entirely with two forms. The following can be used to protect from dragonfire:
- Anti-Dragon-Shield or Dragonfire Shield
- Antifire Potion (each dose lasts for 5 minutes, 45 seconds)
No Damage Taken
- Anti-Dragon Shield or Dragonfire Shield with a dose of Antifire Potion active
- Protect from Magic prayer with a dose of Antifire Potion active
If you plan on safespotting, you will not need any dragonfire protection. It may be worthwhile to bring some until you reach the safespot location, or just to be safe in general. A cannon can be brought to the Taverly location to help speed up your tasks.
Blue Dragons are often killed for their bones and hides. Both are in high demand for players training the Prayer or Crafting skills. Every dragon will drop one bone and hide per kill, 100% of the time. Blue dragons are one of the safest types of dragon to kill for bones for Ironmen accounts, and are still relatively close a bank. Other notable loot includes the Ensouled Dragon Head, and small chance to receive a Dragon Spear or Shield Left Half.